- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Re A02- Holy Communion
By Mary-Louise Duffy 10R
In the Roman Catholic religion, we believe that the Eucharist is the most important of worship and during the Eucharist in a mass, the Jesus' sacrifice is made present, but this does not mean that he is being sacrificed again, as there is only one sacrifice. After all, it was Jesus who said for us to do it again at mass. ('Do It In Memory Of Me.') Catholics also believe that during communion, the bread and wine is transformed into the body and blood of Christ. This is known as transubstantiation. So when we take the body and blood into ourselves, we have God inside us. Therefore, we will be made closer to God. In mass, as Catholics, we should remember the death and resurrection of Jesus. In the catholic church, mass is celebrated once a week, normally on a Sunday.
As a result of the communion, we regenerate our lives, renew our spiritual strength, and become more enhanced. The Eucharist helps us to be better Christians and deny any evil in our world. By celebrating the resurrection, (mass) we are doing what Jesus asks of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Prejudice and Discrimination (view all)
- Taking any three psychological theories of prejudice: How ad...
- The short story "If I Quench Thee" by William E. C...
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Reducing Prejudice !!
- Personal Reading Study - "Cry Freedom" by John Bri...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.