- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
An investigation to find out how different variables will effect the movement of a wooden block.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An investigation to find out how different variables will effect the movement of a wooden block
Aim: Trying to find out how weight and the pull back of an elastic band will affect distance travelled on a wooden block on a particular surface.
Prediction: I will predict that as the amount of mass applied onto the block, the faster the block will slow down and it will go less far. Adding on to that, I reckon if the weight applied on the block is doubled then the distance travelled will half. This is because there will be more friction between the block and the desk and there will also be more gravitational pull acting downwards on the block which will slow down the wooden block.
When you pull back the elastic band, storage energy is made which is the potential energy of this experiment. And the more that the elastic band is pulled back or the more elastic bands used in the experiment, there will be more potential energy. After the block is released, some of the potential energy is transferred to kinetic energy when the block slides along the surface. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- Investigating a Cantilever.
- Physics CourseWork - Terminal Velocity
- The factors which effect the speed of a falling object
- The Physics of Paper Helicopters
- Physics of Rollercoasters
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.