- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
An investigation to find out how different variables will effect the movement of a wooden block.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An investigation to find out how different variables will effect the movement of a wooden block
Aim: Trying to find out how weight and the pull back of an elastic band will affect distance travelled on a wooden block on a particular surface.
Prediction: I will predict that as the amount of mass applied onto the block, the faster the block will slow down and it will go less far. Adding on to that, I reckon if the weight applied on the block is doubled then the distance travelled will half. This is because there will be more friction between the block and the desk and there will also be more gravitational pull acting downwards on the block which will slow down the wooden block.
When you pull back the elastic band, storage energy is made which is the potential energy of this experiment. And the more that the elastic band is pulled back or the more elastic bands used in the experiment, there will be more potential energy. After the block is released, some of the potential energy is transferred to kinetic energy when the block slides along the surface. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- Investigating the factors affecting the speed at which a par...
- Investigating how the height of a ramp affects the speed of ...
- Investigating the factors that affect the velocity of an obj...
- The aim of this experiment is to investigate what effect the...
- Physics CourseWork - Terminal Velocity
- Controlled Assesment Experiment - The extension of a rubber ...
- Medical Effects of Roller coasters
- Determining Gravity with a Pendulum
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student