- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How Mass Affects Terminal Velocity.
The first 200 words of this essay...
How Mass Affects Terminal Velocity
Plan: In this investigation I am going to find out how the mass of an object affects its terminal velocity when it is falling. To do this I will drop a paper 'parachute' of given diameter from a given height each time changing its mass. I will measure the time taken for the parachute to fall a distance of 2 meters after allowing it to reach its terminal velocity over half a meter. I will start with a parachute of 10cm in diameter timing how long it takes to fall with no ballast then I shall increase the mass by 1 gram each time until I have added 5 grams of ballast. I decided to use these parameters after doing some preliminary testing.
To make this a fair test I shall have to keep all variables the same except the ballast. I will use the same parachute each time dropping it the same distance and timing it myself each time so that there will not be any difference in reaction times. I shall also repeat each parachute drop three times for each mass so to make my results more accurate
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- 'To investigate whether the amount of paper cup cake holders...
- Friction Lab
- Is there a link between terminal velocity and weight?
- Pendulum- investigate how the length of a simple pendulum af...
- Designing a children's slide, making it exciting for the chi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
- Rocket Essay. How Do Rockets Work?
- What are the laws of Physics involved in the design of the r...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.