- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Investigation in to the simple pendulum.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigation the simple pendulum
For my experiment, I am going to investigate the simple pendulum. The simple pendulum is a piece of string attached at one place from where it will pivot; at the bottom of the piece of string is some kind of bob.
There are certain variables that have to be taken into account: Air resistance, time for one swing (period), the weight of the bob, the angle of swing and the length of the string.
I don't feel that I really need to take into account the air resistance, as the string is thin and the bob is round, it will cut through the air easily and will not slow down the pendulum a great deal.
I took some preliminary experiments to see how the weight of the bob and the angle of the string affect the duration of one period. The difference in time between the lowest weight which was 10g and the highest weight which was150g was only 0.8 seconds for the 10 swings. I therefore think that there is not a lot of point in testing this as one of the variables.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- Investigating a Cantilever.
- Investigating Impact Craters
- Parachute Coursework
- The Physics of Paper Helicopters
- To investigate the height dropped from a crater and the affe...
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Zoey. University Student.