- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Length vs Resistance
- Essay length: 6376 words
- Submitted: 18/07/2010
The first 200 words of this essay...
Contents Page Number
Main Investigation 8
Resistance occurs in circuits because of components in the circuit and a larger amount of resistance causes the battery to have to exert more energy to push the charges through the circuit. This then causes the current to decrease as resistance is not allowing as much current to flow. Resistance can be useful in some circuits. Devices called resistors are used to control the flow of charged in a circuit. Variable resistors can be used to make varying the size of the current easier as the size of their resistance can be steadily changed using a dial or slider. Variable resistors are used in dimmer switches and volume controls like that of a CD player. Another type of resistor is an LDR, (Light dependent resistor) which is a variable resistor. This resistor's resistance increases, as light levels decrease as it gets darker and decreases, as light levels increase during daytime. This makes LDR useful for example in automatic security lights. One finally type of resistor is a thermistor, which has a higher resistance at low
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- Stopping Distance Investigation
- How the length of a wire affects the resistance.
- Resistivity Coursework
- relationship between voltage and current
- To investigate How the Length of Wire affects its Resistance...
- Resistance of a Wire - Triple Science
- Physics Project Maglev Trains
- Static Electricity.
- Resistance of a wire coursework
- Aim: I am going to carry out an investigation to find how th...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.