- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Standardization of sulphuric acid.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Title: Standardization of sulphuric acid
To define the unknown concentration of the sulphuric acid, sodium carbonate solution is used as a standard basic solution to undergo titration. A titration can find out the volume of the sodium carbonate solution which is used to neutralize
a specific volume of sulphuric acid in the conical flask or vice versa. The result will be the same as we are objective to define the number of moles of reactants. The number of moles of sulphuric acid can be calculated base on the mole ratio 1:1 for sodium carbonate solution to sulphuric acid in the neutralization. We put sodium carbonate solution in burette and acid in conical flask because less acid should be used for the sake of safety.
This time, sodium carbonate is used as a primary standard. A primary standard is a substance which can be used for the direct preparation of a standard solution. This is due to several advantages that sodium carbonate persists:
First, it is obtained in high degree of purity. Then, it is stable and unaffected by the atmosphere which implies that the purity will not
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- ANALYSIS OF ASPIRIN BY BACK TITRATION
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- Back Titration Lab Report. In my experiment, I hoped to find...
- An Experiment to determine What Factors Affect Neutralisatio...
- Conductivity Lab. Purpose: To determine which substances a...
- Plan to investigate the factors that affect the rate of reac...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.