- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Planning an Investigation To Determine The Effectiveness of Indigestion Tablets at Neutralising Excess Stomach Acid.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Chemistry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Planning an Investigation To Determine The Effectiveness of Indigestion Tablets at Neutralising Excess Stomach Acid
Indigestion tablets can be used to neutralise acidity in the stomach.
You are to plan an experiment which will allow you to determine the effectiveness of an indigestion tablet at neutralising acid.
Your plan should survey the range of commercially available indigestion tablets. You should consider the active ingredient in each and the chemistry involved.
To find out which indigestion tablet is best for neutralising excess stomach acid. I will be measuring how much hydrochloric acid it will take to neutralise 25.0ml of indigestion tablet solution.
The tablets in question are used for curing acid indigestion. Heartburn and acid indigestion is discomfort in the upper digestive tract. It can affect all ages but it is common in adults above 60 years old. The symptoms could be mistaken for a heart attack, or a heart attack could be mistaken for indigestion. Symptoms of this malady include: belching or slight regurgitation of stomach contents into the mouth, giving an acid taste, burning or an uncomfortable feeling in the chest, difficulty swallowing, mild abdominal pain
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Aqueous Chemistry (view all)
- pH Lab Report - testing household liquids
- Science Investigation Report - Aim To investigate how the v...
- Investigate the effect of changing the concentration of sodi...
- What factors affect the rate pf reaction between sodium thio...
- Conductivity Lab. Purpose: To determine which substances a...
- Precipitation of Salts & Identification of Unknown Solut...
- Separation Of A Mixture of Salt, Sand and Iron Filings
- Decomposing Malachite. Purpose: To test the assumption that...
- How does temperature affect the dissolving rate of a sugar c...
- AIM: To study the effect of solid impurities on boiling poin...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.