- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Resistance of a Wire
- Essay length: 4802 words
- Submitted: 01/01/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Resistance of a Wire
To find out how length affects the resistance of a wire.
In this investigation I will be looking at the effect length has to resistance in a wire. The wire I will be using is Nichrome Wire an I will be discussing on what resistance is, what affects resistance an how it can be controlled
All things are made up of atoms and are made up of three ions, protons electrons and neutrons. Protons are positively charged, and are found in the nucleus of an atom along with neutrons that have no charge. Electrons are found in rings surrounding the nucleus of an atom.
The electrons on the outer most rings in the atoms can sometimes become loose in some materials, eventually splitting into single free electrons. These electrons can move around freely, passing into the next atom and moving in random directions.
Voltage is the measure of the electrical status or potential between two points. Voltage causes all these free electrons that are moving around in random directions to form a line and flow in one direction.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electricity and Magnetism (view all)
- Stopping Distance Investigation
- How the length of a wire affects the resistance.
- relationship between voltage and current
- To investigate How the Length of Wire affects its Resistance...
- Electromagnets - What factors affect strength of an electrom...
- Resistance of a Wire - Triple Science
- Physics Project Maglev Trains
- Static Electricity.
- Resistance of a wire coursework
- Aim: I am going to carry out an investigation to find how th...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.