- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
'The Family Friendly Firm'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Family-friendly measures include childcare, care of the elderly, parental and other family leave and monetary benefits or tax rebates. At some stage in most people's working lives they will have to learn to combine employment with the care of others (children, adults, elders) although most of the time is spent working leaving little time for 'other demands and activities' (Lewis, 2001).
Since the 1970's there has been signs of change on the issue of the balance of responsibility between domestic and paid work There is now a clear change in sex-role attitudes, with men and women 'increasingly exposing more 'egalitarian attitudes' (Kiernan, 1992: 82). Women are devoting less time to domestic duties including childcare. However women 'still spend more time than men on domestic activities' (Van der lippe & Roelofs, 1995: 124). Van der lippe and Roelofs (1995) on the other hand find that one parent has to give up work to care for a child and it will most definitely always be the women. In the UK men take on the least proportion of domestic work whereas women do '67 per cent' (Kirton & Greene, 2000: 250) of domestic activities.
I am going to critically evaluate
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- The riots in 2011 were a reflection of Britains broken socie...
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- Compare Rawl's Theory of Justice with those of Nozick and Wa...
- Les Miserables
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.