- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Isotonic Point of Potatoes
The first 200 words of this essay...
Isotonic Point of Potatoes - Biology Lab Report
Topic: Chemicals of Life
To find the isotonic point of potato (Solanum tuberosum) by varying the concentration (M) (+/- 0.06 M) (0.10,0.15,0.20,0.25,0.30 M) and measuring the change in length of potato strips (cm) (+/- 0.01 cm).
Isotonic Point: The isotonic point is the point where the concentration of the solution is the same as the concentration of the cell. It means that there are equal amounts of 'free' water (not bound to solutes) in the solution and the potato.
Potato: A plant tuber, Solanum tuberosum, eaten as a starchy vegetable, particularly in the Americas and Europe
1) Concentration of Glucose solution (M) (+/- 0.06 M) (0.10, 0.15, 0.20, 0.25, 0.30)
1) The change in mass and length of the potato chips (cm) (+/- 0.01 cm)
Method of control
Initial length of the potatoes strips used for the experiment (cm) (+/- 0.01 cm)
The potatoes will be cut to a specific initial length before using them in the experiment using an accurate measuring instrument and a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- EFFECT OF LIGHT INTENSITY ON THE GROWTH OF PLANT.
- Investigating the effect of pH of Hydrogen Peroxide upon the...
- The Effect of Glucose Concentration on Anaerobic Respiration...
- An investigation into the effect on Osmosis by varying the c...
- investigating the action of pepsin on egg white
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.