- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating Stoichiometry - The table shows the mass of reactants potassium iodide and lead(II) nitrate, and the mass of the precipitate from the reaction
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Chemistry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
SSIS DP IB Program
Science Investigation Report
Name: Kimberly Hoong Yearn Yi
The table shows the mass of reactants potassium iodide and lead(II) nitrate, and the mass of the precipitate from the reaction between KI(aq) and Pb(NO3)2(aq).
Mass of precipitate from reaction between KI(aq) and Pb(NO3)2(aq)
Mass of potassium iodide (±0.001g)
Mass of lead(II) nitrate (±0.001g)
Mass of filter paper (±0.001g)
Mass of precipitate + filter paper (±0.001g)
Mass of precipitate (±0.001g)
1) After pouring the KI(aq) and Pb(NO3)2(aq) solution together into the beaker, a glass rod was used to stir the solution so as to make sure it was mixed properly. However, after stirring, when the glass rod was taken out, there were small amounts of precipitate (PbI2(s)) stuck onto the glass rod, and could not be removed.
2) While pouring the remaining mixture into the filter paper, not all the mixture was poured into the filter funnel and paper. Some of the mixture was stuck in the beaker even after trying to wash
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- IB chemistry revision notes
- How does the change in temperature affect the rate of reacti...
- Kinetics of the Acid-Catalyzed Iodination of Propanone
- Electrolysis of copper sulphate
- Electrochemical cells - investigate the effect of the temper...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.