- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An Investigation of Vietnam's Barriers of Economic Growth and Development
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Investigation of VIETNAM'S Barriers of Economic Growth and Development
Over the past few decades, Vietnam has made remarkable recovery from the damage of war and political reforms. Under Vietnam's communist party, the country's economy has transitioned from a centrally planned economy to a socialist-oriented market economy. Making it a multi-sectored commodity economy regulated by the people, whilst under state management and ownership. Numerous reforms, along with the modernization of the financial system, have led to rapid growth for Vietnam economically.
In 2010, the Gross Domestic Product (PPP) of Vietnam was $275,639 million and ranked 40 out of 182 listed countries according to the International Monetary Fund. This is most likely due to rapid industrialization that has and is taking place. Industry and construction contributed approximately 40.9% of GDP in 2010 whereas the share of the agriculture sector has fallen to 21%.
Although the rise in GDP has brought about a decline in poverty, larger school enrolment rates, bettered infrastructure, etc, this rapid growth rate has also brought with it negative factors that may hinder subsequent economic growth and development. For instance, Vietnam is facing large budget and trade deficits. In 2010, the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economics (view all)
- Econ Commentary 3
- Economics Article Commentary. London gets EU reprieve over a...
- Econ IA-Supply and Demand
- Macroeconomics Commentary - Japan's consumer prices fall on ...
- Is it possible to reduce unemployment without increasing inf...
- Current account surplus/deficit - problems and solutions
- International Trade Economics Commentary. In hope of shifti...
- Macroeconomics Economics Commentary - patterns in America's ...
- This essay will evaluate the concept of what negative extern...
- Economics Essay on Supply and Demand and the operation of ma...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.