- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Extended Essay Economics
- Essay length: 3837 words
- Submitted: 17/02/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
IB Extended Essay - Economics
Word Count: About 3,690
Economists have debated the advantages and disadvantages of different exchange rate regimes. An exchange rate regime is how a country chooses to manage the value of its currency with respect to other countries. In the world today, most countries choose to employ a floating exchange rate. Some of the key currencies in the world today such as the dollar, the British pound and the Euro are all floating currencies. In a floating exchange rate, the value of a country's currency fluctuates as demand and supply for said currency changes.
Venezuela is among the few countries that employs a fixed exchange rate. The Venezuelan Bolivar is pegged to the US dollar at 2.15 Bs (Bolivares) to 1 $US. This investigation will look at the fixed exchange rate policy in Venezuela and it's affect on the functionality of a firm. The firms that will be analyzed are Manpa, a publically-owned Venezuelan paper firm, and a branch of the Indian pharmaceutical company, Dr. Reddy's, operating in Venezuela.
It's often been debated which type of exchange rate is better suited for a country's
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economics (view all)
- Economics Extended Essay - To what extent has the market for...
- IB Economics Commentary on Market Failure
- Why did the UK did not join the EC until 1973
- Barriers to Economic Growth and Development
- Unemployment IA
- Current account surplus/deficit - problems and solutions
- International Trade Economics Commentary. In hope of shifti...
- Macroeconomics Economics Commentary - patterns in America's ...
- This essay will evaluate the concept of what negative extern...
- Economics Essay on Supply and Demand and the operation of ma...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.