- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Benefits and disadvantages of European expansion
The first 200 words of this essay...
Audrey Plessas 1S5
The benefits brought about by the European Union outweigh the disadvantages. Discuss.
In 1957, the European Union was created in order to construct a more united Europe, strengthening its war-affected members. The Union brought to its countries not only economic boosting, but also social and political benefits. However, disadvantages to this unification have also been discovered since. Nowadays, being in the EU is both a boon and a drawback in all three departments. Therefore, is it still advantageous for a country to be a member of the European Union?
Primarily, the European union has caused the economy of its members to considerably increase. This effect was mostly due to the creation of a single market, engendering more competition amongst companies and lower prices. Free trade in the Schengen area for example allowed companies making business in other member countries to reduce the cost of exporting across Europe as custom taxes were suppressed. The single currency also favored trade by suppressing currency exchange taxes and reducing monetary instability. Thus, by standardizing national regulations, the single market makes it easier to do business in the EU and contributes
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Geography (view all)
- Describe and explain weathering in desert environments (15 M...
- Impact of Polish migration to the UK
- Pro-Natalist China's population policy
- Factors Affecting Tourism
- Population Case Study - Japan
- Explain what is meant by cultural imperialism.
- Why do China and Hong Kong have an ageing population? What i...
- Climate change notes
- Urbanization and Land Use in New York City
- Discuss the Effects of Globalisation
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.