- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Colorado Case Study
The first 200 words of this essay...
Colorado River Case Study
Word Count 1136
IB SL Geography
The Colorado River is the main river for the American South west flowing across 1,350 miles of the United States of America and 90 miles of Mexico. The states in which the Colorado crosses are Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California. The original name for the Colorado river was the "Red River", in Spanish, as it use to look reddish-brown color.
The headwaters of the Colorado River are located in the Rocky Mountains Park in Colorado. From Colorado the river flows southwestward towards the Gulf of California, located in Mexico, and the Pacific Ocean. The river has alternating speed flow from rapid to calm sections. The variation of the depth of the river from 6 to 9 feet impacts the speed. Normally in the shallower sections the flow is faster than in deeper parts that tend to be calm.
In recent years the Colorado River has made headlines due to pollution. In 2004 Colorado made the list of "America's Most Endangered Rivers of 2004." Demonstrating the dangers, which loom
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Geography (view all)
- Aral Sea Case Study
- HIV/AIDs in the UK
- Describe and explain why many LEDCs struggle to increase the...
- HIV AIDS -Impacts and Mitigation
- COMPARE AND CONTRAST THE SECONDARY EDUCATION SYSTEMS OF VIET...
- Explain what is meant by cultural imperialism.
- Why do China and Hong Kong have an ageing population? What i...
- Climate change notes
- Urbanization and Land Use in New York City
- Discuss the Effects of Globalisation
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student