- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cold War Study Guide - Compare/contrast the Vietnam War policies of Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name Grace Ives
Cold War Study Guide #3
Directions: Please prep 3 questions with at least 3/4 page of bullet points per question. Prepare each question on a separate page. Be sure to include relevant quotations and statistics (with citations) from your readings.
1. Compare/contrast the Vietnam War policies of Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon.
Operation Rolling Thunder
- During Lyndon Johnson's presidency, he tried to limit the US' involvement in Vietnam to please the American public, but he found that in order to win the war, he would have to increase the number of troops sent to Vietnam.
- Lyndon Johnson's presidency oversaw the vietnam escalation.
- Lyndon Johnson conducted a US mission called, "Operation Rolling Thunder". Operation Rolling Thunder was an air force mission led by the US army in which there was relentless bombing on North Vietnam. The objective was to essentially boost the weakening morale of Southern Vietnam, and to weaken North Vietnam in hopes to end the war.
- Kennedy describes operation rolling thunder as "regular full-scale bombing attacks against North Vietnam" (Kennedy 991)
- Johnson sent over
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- The cold war - the conferences and the start of the cCold Wa...
- Why was the USA unable to defeat communism in south East Asi...
- Investigation: The Cuban Missile Crisis as a Thaw in the Col...
- The Depictions of the Holocaust in Night and Schindlers List
- Johnson's Great Society. The two main social reforms that Th...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student