- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Revolutions and New Government
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 2: Revolutions and New Government
History per 4 - Mahony
January 10, 2007
Prompt: "The American Revolution and the Latin American Wars of Independence have absolutely nothing in common." Discuss.
In 1776 North Americans in search of freedom, liberty, and justice announced their independence from British rule. This is known as the American Revolution. Nearly thirty years later their neighboring countries in South America took after them in a series of revolts from Spanish rule. This is known as the Latin American Wars of Independence. Although they occurred in different centuries, the battles for independence were generally advocated in the same sequence - A spread of knowledge throughout the nation leading to reform. When observing three major causes for revolution - social, economic, and intellectual aspects, it can be concluded that the Latin American Wars of Independence and the American Revolution did in fact occur for many similar reasons.
The colonists of North America and Latin Americans worked towards independence due to inspiration from European ideas, a growing sense of nationalism, and a large poverty gap between the rich and poor due to economic oppression.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Stalin and Mao. Compare and contrast the domestic policies ...
- Why did the Second Spanish Republic Fail?
- Compare and contrast Mussolini's and Hitler's rise to power
- Assess the view that Khrushchevs policies were a failure bot...
- Causes of the Spanish Civil War
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.