- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
'WWI in Color'- movie reflection
The first 200 words of this essay...
History IB 1K
World War One- Movie Reflection
World War One. I've never really thought about it, never thought how hard it must've been to be a soldier at that time, never actually thought about how many people died in honor of their country. The movie pretty much opened my eyes to what was behind it all. Millions of men and women died, 10 million I think was said in the movie, and 20 million were wounded. That's just shocking. When you think about how nowadays a killing is considered 'normal' and that it would probably reach the front pages, news broadcasts and maybe a few people would walk around protesting against 'assassins', it's kind of insane to realize that one assassination (yes, maybe he was the crown prince, but still) at the time could trigger a war. Okay, if it were a war just between Serbia and Austria-Hungary I would understand and wouldn't consider it to be such a big deal, but this. This is insanity in my opinion. Bringing in alliances and pretty much involving people from all across the globe definitely makes it a big
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- According to Machiavelli, what qualities should the ideal Pr...
- The League of Nations was unable to enforce its policies or ...
- To what extent was the alliance system responsible for the o...
- Compare and Contrast the Democratic Successes and Failures o...
- Compare and Contrast the causes of World War I and World War...
- Life in the Past - tzi and Hatchepsut
- Pre history study notes
- How Important Was Ideology in Starting the Cold War?
- IB History HL, Extended Notes: Russia, the Tsars, the Provis...
- IB, Paper 1: USSR under Stalin, 1924-1941. Analysis of sour...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.