- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Infinite summation portfolio. A series is a sum of terms of a sequence. A finite series, has its first and the last term defined, and the infinite series, or in other words infinite summation
- Essay length: 1497 words
- Submitted: 18/12/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Math Standard Level Internal Assessment
Portfolio Type: I
Portfolio Title: Infinite Summation
Due date: 9th of December, 2011
Teacher: Mr. Peter Vassilev
School: The American College of Sofia
Candidate Name: Rami Meziad
Candidate number: 002368-008
Examination Session: May 2012
A series is a sum of terms of a sequence. A finite series, has its first and the last term defined, and the infinite series, or in other words infinite summation  is a series which continues indefinitely. The Taylor's theorem  and the Euler-Maclaurin's formula  will help us solve our given infinite summation, which is: ,,,,
And by adding different values for x and a, we will be able to find a general pattern in which the sequences tends to move with. And this is mainly what this portfolio will ask us to do.
For our sequence, which is:
, we have to substitute in the case where x = 1 and a = 2. After that, we have to calculate the first n terms which happen to be eleven to fulfill the given condition.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Maths (view all)
- Math SL Circle Portfolio. The aim of this task is to invest...
- Lacsap's Fractions : Internal Assessment
- LACSAP's Functions
- Gold Medal heights IB IA- score 15
- Math IA type 2. In this task I will be investigating Probabi...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.