- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cardiac structure and Electrical activity of the Heart
The adult cardiac is a hollow muscular organ which located in the thoracic cavity between the sternum and the spinal column. Heart Consists from four chambers (right atrium, right ventricle, left ventricle and left atrium), ventricles are in the lower side and have thicker walls than atria from top side. The heart is also divided in to left and right part by muscular wall called septum. Tricuspid valve is between right atrium and right ventricle, Mitral valve is between the left atrium and left atrium, pulmonic valve is between right ventricle and the pulmonary artery and Aortic valve is between the left ventricle and the aorta. The contraction of the right ventricle will pump out the deoxygenated blood to the lungs which this occurring in a rhythmatic beats and the contraction of the left ventricle will pump out the oxygenated blood from the heart in to the rest part of the body.
When cardiac cells in the resting state the concentration of the Na+ ions is higher from out side of the cells than inside the cells and the concentration of the negatively charged ions (organic phosphate, organic sulphate ions
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Microbiology (view all)
- Use of selective and differential media to identify bacteria
- Describe the Concept and Discuss the Importance of Homeostas...
- Microbiology coursework
- Identifying microorganisms using differential staining techn...
- The Effect of copper sulphate on the activity of catalase.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.