- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Physiological Approach Research Method - Biological Methods.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Research Method #1: Biological Methods
This research method can also be divided into two smaller groups: Invasive and Non-Invasive Method. Invasive method basically involves the actual cutting and damaging of a brain, while non-invasive method revolves around scanning a fully functional brain with different devices.
The invasive method can also be broken down into two smaller groups: lesions and ablations surgery. Ablation surgery is the process of actually removing a part of a brain, whilst lesions surgery involves damaging a part of the brain with electrodes. Most of these methods however, are done on animals, usually because of ethical issues. Surgery is still done on human brains, although they are only used to help the patients more than to experiment on them.
Advantages: There were quite a few tests that were done on humans, where it's quite safe for us to make a few reasonable conclusions with. Also, when using animals, the researchers can damage a specific part of a brain to see what happens. Usually, we can conclude a few things about humans from tests on animals.
Disadvantages: The biggest disadvantage of this method
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Zoology (view all)
- Many industries use animal testing to research the effects o...
- Parasites are more abundant than free-living organisms in th...
- Examine Jonson's use in Volpone of animal imagery
- What is a species?
- What organs and tissues have been successfully transplanted?
- Tasmanian Devil Facial Tumor Disease
- Malassezia Dermatitis
- animal alternatives
- The Implications of the UK's Climate Change Policy on Biodiv...
- Animal welfare essay
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.