- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Analysis of Malaysia's Current Economic Outlook
- Essay length: 3548 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
First quarter of 2003 saw many events that contributed to the world economy downturn. Considering that the past year has already seen a global economic turndown, so far this year there have been no signs to show that the global economic performance will improve drastically. There is doubt from many parties that Malaysia will not achieve the forecasted growth of 4.5% in year 2003 GDP without any stimulus from the government to weather through the bad times. The two major events that have contributed to the economic slowdown in Malaysia are the US-Iraq war and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak.
The US-Iraq war officially started on 20th March 2003 and ended on 1st May 2003. What began as retaliation for terrorist activities turned into a pledge to topple the so called "axis of evil" which includes Iraq, North Korea and Iran. Until now there is still no resolution as there is still constant threat from terrorist and from US itself as the President Bush has been threatening to further extend the war to other countries. There is still no world political stability as up to date there is still news of terrorist activities happening worldwide.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Accounting (view all)
- Critical review on Accounting for varieties of capitalism: T...
- The Importance of Communication in Accounting. Todays accoun...
- Economics of Developing Countries - The Harrod-Domar Model.
- Case study. In the Wilkerson Company case study of Harvard ...
- Discuss and critically evaluate the role of management accou...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.