- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Employee turnover and key personnel retention; a review and analysis of Trident UK
- Essay length: 5741 words
- Submitted: 16/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
University of Hull
Name: Alex Jones
Student Number: 200214309
"Employee turnover and key personnel retention; a review and analysis of Trident UK"
Employee turnover and retention are two factors that are becoming increasingly important in business, particularly in the current job market where unemployment is low and obtaining those with the necessary skills and abilities is becoming harder.
Staff turnover rates have a significant impact on business, particularly in a professional service organisation such as Trident UK where the 'personal relationships established between employees and clients are central to ongoing success' (Torrington et al. 2002).
Lewis et al. (2003) consider the term psychological contract which in addition to the formal contract of employment 'refers to the expectations of employer and employee' (Lewis et al. 2003:12).
The study and research will largely be of a qualitative nature and key points will be drawn from the findings of the employee satisfaction survey, directors' and leavers' interviews.
The findings conclusiveness is affected due to the sample being of around 30%, where 100% would be ideal.
A possible key to Tridents current prosperity could be down
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- personal development plan
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- To what extent can organisational culture be managed. How cr...
- This document outlines the project planning and management t...
- What can organisational learning, and the search for the lea...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.