- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Has Urbanisation developed too fast?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Urbanisation has transformed vastly throughout history. Ancient societies, such as China were the first exhibitors of the population trends. Over the last 100 years many developing and developed countries have experienced these rapid urbanisation growth trends. At the turn of the 20th century only 13% of the world's population were urban dwellers. Presently over 3 billion of the world's population, approximately 50%, now habit in urban areas.(1) In the late 19th Century and early 20th century urbanisation was most widely felt in Europe and North America, when many rural settlers migrated to urban areas to seek employment during the industrialisation era. In the past 60 years the rural-urbanisation migration has had a large impact on LDCs. Interestingly GNI per capita tends to be positively associated with urban population. Showing, as countries increase income, they tend to evolve in to urbanisation.(2)
What has caused this shift in population demography? Many rural areas in the LDC world experience a significant lack of resources. Often there is little government assistance, jobs are scarce and basic needs are hard to come by. In many rural habitations in the developing world, the population doesn't look far beyond survival. Rural settlers become attracted to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economic Systems (view all)
- What are Fordism and Post-fordism?
- Discuss the differences between Fordist and Post-fordist wor...
- McDonald's organizational systems and sub systems. How has M...
- Are trade unions in terminal decline?
- Anti-Globalisation Movement and World Trade Organisation.
- Business Environment. Report on the aspects of the Economic...
- The EUs policy in the past has been strongly orientated towa...
- With reference to the literature on poverty and development,...
- The rise of the Chinese economy over the past twenty years h...
- Assess with refrence to a particular developing country how ...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.