- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Human Resource Management.
- Essay length: 4129 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
Human Resource Management
Researchers describe that today; many successful organizations are increasingly tying Human Resource Management closely to the business practices. Hollinshead and Leat (1995) also describe there should be a link between HR policy, strategy and practice and overall corporate strategy in its competitive environment. Coopers and Lybrand ( 1992 ) also express that corporate strategy sets the agenda for HR strategy and HR strategy exists to support the achievement of the corporate strategy. Therefore, integration between corporate and HR strategy is necessary so that the latter supports the accomplishment of the former. In this report, we will discuss about the link between Marks and Spencer's Corporate Strategy and HR strategy. Firstly we will start discussing about strategic issues and corporate strategy of Marks and Spencer by using SWOT analysis and culture web. Secondly we will discuss about best practice and fit ( Contingency ) theory. Thirdly HR strategy and activities of M&S will be explored. Fourthly we will critically analyse the findings of M&S 's HR against best practice and fit models. Finally, conclusions and recommendations will be followed. The reason why M&S is chosen is because of its reputation among competitors such as Tesco,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- "What is group dynamics and, why is understanding of gr...
- It is the premise of this essay that the effectiveness of a ...
- Change Management
- Decision Making: Decision Support Systems. In this paper, ...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.