- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
market segmentation - nokia
The first 200 words of this essay...
MARKET SEGMENTATION -
NOKIA - World's 5th most valued brand (Interbrand, 2007) #1 brand in Asia (Synovate 2006 and 2007), and #1 brand in Europe (European Brand Institute, September 2007). (www.nokia.com).
Nokia has A Phone for Every Individual." While practically everybody today is a potential mobile phone customer, everybody is simultaneously different in terms of usage, needs, lifestyles, and individual preferences," explains Nokia's Media Relations Manager, Keith Nowak. Understanding those differences requires that Nokia conduct ongoing research among the different consumer groups throughout the world. The approach is reflected in the company's business strategy. Based on its information about consumers, Nokia currently defines and operates with six clusters or segments: "Basic" consumers who need voice connectivity and a durable style; "Expression" consumers who want to customize and personalize features; "Classic" consumers who prefer a traditional appearance and web browser function; "Fashion" consumers who want a very small phone as a fashion item; "Premium" consumers who are interested in all technological and service features; and "Communicator" consumers who want to combine all of their communication devices (e.g., telephone, pager, PDA).
Nokia performs regular consumer surveys to understand the needs of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Strategic Plan Burberry
- My research aims to study the impact of advertising on consu...
- Literature Review of CSR
- How can Baxton technology maintain its fast paced growth and...
- How Does ASDA Maintain a Competitive Advantage?
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.