- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Opportunities in the cosmetics industry in Hong Kong and China
- Essay length: 2819 words
- Submitted: 28/01/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
OPPORTUNITIES IN THE COSMETICS INDUSTEY
IN HONGKONG AND CHINA
Ms Laura Lee
Elegance Ltd, New York
Elegance Ltd, Hong Kong
April 29, 2003
Analysis of Hong Kong market
Demand of cosmetics of Hong Kong market
The main products of cosmetic market are Skincare product, Make-up product and Perfume. The sales of them are showed as the following graph.
source: http://www.cosmetic-perfume.com/statistics.htm ,The Cosmetic and Perfumery Association of HK LTD.
In the past three years, from 2000 to 2002, skincare products dominated the cosmetic market, the second runner-up was make-up product and the following was perfume. Both of the three products recorded a decline in 2001. The decline was settled down and the sales of skincare products in 2002 (1320 millions) is higher than that in 2000(1267 millions). The growth rate of skincare products is higher than the rest products in the cosmetic market. Also, it is the only cosmetic product to show a positive growth rate within the last 3 years. The market for skincare
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Strategic Plan Burberry
- Reflection of Role-Play Negotiation
- How Does ASDA Maintain a Competitive Advantage?
- Next PLC - Clothing Retail
- My research aims to study the impact of advertising on consu...
- Principles of Marketing. This report will gather research a...
- The Consumer Decision-Making Process as it relates to a Cons...
- This report is based on the Singapores Mobile phone industry...
- M&S Report - To find the reasons why M&S failed init...
- Case Study - Should JonesBlair Company, a privately held cor...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.