- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
There are four major components of GDP. Describe each of these components, including a discussion of the way in which each contributes to GDP.
- Essay length: 2760 words
- Submitted: 19/06/2006
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Economics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
a) There are four major components of GDP. Describe each of these components, including a discussion of the way in which each contributes to GDP.
The four major components of GDP(Y) are household consumption (C), investment (I), government spending (G) and net exports (NX). Their relationship can be express as an identity:
Household consumption (C), calculated in the Australian National Accounts as private final consumption expenditure, is the expenditure on goods and services by households, such as the Rose's dinner at Garden Hotel. It is made up of spending on durable goods (cars, appliances and furniture), non-durable goods (food, clothing, soap and petrol) and services (education, medical). Consumption can be influences by 4 main factors, they are disposable income (income-net taxes), expected future income, wealth, and interest rates.
Consumption is a function of GDP because disposable income relies on GDP and net taxes are a proportion of GDP. Figure (a) shows positive the relationship between real consumption expenditure and real GDP. The bold line is an estimate of the consumption function for real GDP.
Generally, the biggest portion of GDP is consumption, which
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political & International Economics (view all)
- In this report the focus will be on international trade, esp...
- ASSESS THE ARGUMENTS FOR AND AGAINST FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTME...
- Islamic tourism. On the very morning of 11.9.2001 just a fe...
- Advantages of Globalization
- Evaluate the arguments for and against UK entry into the eur...
- Explain how and why the ongoing crisis in the Eurozone has a...
- Describe the Positive and Negative Effects of Globalisation ...
- Why have policies of trade liberalisation been applied to Br...
- European Business Environment. In this portfolio I will cov...
- Causes and Effects of the Global Financial Crisis
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.