- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Travel broadens the mind.
The first 200 words of this essay...
English essay: Travel broadens the mind
Traveling makes it possible to experience new cultures; for example, observing different religions and customs, even if it just means visiting an Egyptian temple. While traveling, you can learn new languages, which may increase your general knowledge. If you learn a few basic phrases, you are given the chance to interact with the native people. Also you are more likely to experience the friendliness of the locals because language barriers are broken. This may lead to prejudice ideas being destroyed. A new language gives a different outlook on life.
Travel also teaches you independence, because it allows you to escape the familiar surroundings of home and stay in a strange or alien place. Just arranging travel and accommodation can give you new responsibilities. Often when people travel they leave everyday troubles behind and have to learn to cope without them. Improvising or making do without them teaches patience and determination, and when you return home you become more grateful for the things you left behind.
Not only does traveling allow you to see new cultures, it also often allows you to learn the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Tourism, Transport & Travel (view all)
- PESTEL Analysis of Ryanair.
- External influences and there effects on tourism
- Pull and push factors, the components that motivate persons ...
- Types of tourism
- Analyse the extent to which Poon's theory relates to the cha...
- Comparing EasyJet and BA's Pricing Essay
- Select a sector of the UKs tourism or hospitality industry a...
- The development of tourism and its importance to the economi...
- Hotel Industry Analysis. Over the last few decades, a few l...
- Road Transportation: an intra-European look. My research wi...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.