- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
History and Origins of Australian English 4 Classification of Australian English 5 Linguistic Features of Australian English (i) Phonetic and Phonological features of Australian English
- Essay length: 2056 words
- Submitted: 20/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analysis of Australian English
Historical and Linguistic Development
By K I M L U C A S
Edgehill University College
LNG2000 History and Development of English Language
1 Map of Australasia
2 History and Origins of Australian English
4 Classification of Australian English
5 Linguistic Features of Australian English
(i) Phonetic and Phonological features of Australian English
9 The Future of Australian English
Kim Lucas 1
Kim Lucas 2
History and Origins of Australian English
The history of Australian English is relatively short, accumulating only 200 years in comparison to the history of the original languages of Australia, which date back around 40,000 years and include Guugu Yimidhirr, Wirradhurri and Pitjantjatara. In around the mid-17th century it is noted that the Dutch chartered the western coast of Australia named New Holland which was followed by the charter of the eastern coastline by Captain James Cook in 1707, later named New South Wales. It was in the early 19th century the term Australia was recognized as the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- In What Way Has Modern Day Living Contributed To Obesity In ...
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- How and why classroom(s) are organised in particular ways
- The humanities subjects all play an important role in the ov...
- Reflection on E111 Course. The major achievement of this cou...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.