- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Schools as Organisations. Summarise entitlement and provision for early years education.
- Essay length: 9707 words
- Submitted: 25/10/2012
- Awarding body: Not known/Not applicable
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿Schools as Organisations
Summarise entitlement and provision for early yearâs education.
Since 2004 all children in the UK aged three and four years old have been entitled to free places at nursery or another preschool setting (including child-minders). From 1st September 2010 the Government extended these hours from 12.5 to 15 hours for up to 38 weeks of the year. The free entitlement provides universal access to early childhood education and care, ensuring that all children have the opportunity to benefit from early years education. The extended hours also supports parents who wish to go back to work or develop their careers through further education by providing affordable day care. (Ref www.direct.gov.uk)
Almost 1,000 two-year-olds are to benefit from free childcare a year early, after it was decided to bring forward trials in 10 areas in England to this September 2012 the government has announced. They unveiled the changes to introduce greater flexibility to allow more parents to take advantage of the scheme â already used by more than 800,000 three- and four-year-olds. It is intended that 150,000 of the most disadvantaged two-year-olds will receive up to 15 hours a week of free preschool education from
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Teaching (view all)
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- Leadership and Management in Early Years Education.
- A Reflective Practice Assignment Demonstrating Personal and ...
- Removing barriers to achievement - Response to the Governmen...
- This report examines the meaning, importance and value of cr...
- Compare your school Ofsted Report to the Steer Report of the...
- Should all school students be encouraged to go to university...
- Teaching and the Law. Summarize the key aspects and current ...
- Outline the similarities and differences between the notions...
- I am currently working as a nursery nurse (practitioner) in ...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.