- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Deciding On a Vehicle Type
- Essay length: 3869 words
- Submitted: 20/06/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
DECIDING ON A VEHICLE TYPE 1
FUEL EFFICIENCY 2
AESTHETIC APPEAL 4
ERGONOMICS OF THE INTERIOR 5
ELECTRONICS SYSTEM 7
PERFORMANCE DESIGN 10
Many factors influence the automotive design process. Some of these include the target price, workload intended for the vehicle, safety in crashes, aesthetic appeal in design, fuel economy or fuel efficiency, ergonomics, and mechanical design. These factors deeply affect the vehicular design procedure. This paper will travel into each of these aspects and deeper to explain why they are so influential.
DECIDING ON A VEHICLE TYPE
The first step in the development of an automobile is to decide what kind of vehicle it will be. A truck is most useful for construction, moving, farm work, and things of those natures. However, people employ a minivan or sedan in transporting families or taking vacations. There are sports cars, designed only to get its passengers there fast and in style. The engineers cannot even initiate more complex design phases until the car's basic style is decided, thus making it one of the most important steps in the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- The Role of the Quantity Surveying Profession within the con...
- Fluid Circuits Demonstrator
- Members of the design team and their job roles in a construc...
- In this assignment I will be identifying and explaining the ...
- The 4 major types of bridges and the main factors which need...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.