- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Study the structure of a transformer and find out the efficiency and voltage regulation of a transformer.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Subject: Electromagnetic Theory & Applications
To study the structure of a transformer and find out the efficiency and voltage regulation of a transformer.
A simple transformer consists of a yoke, U-core with yoke, a clamping device and two coils. By means of the flux linkage through the core, the flux generated by the primary coil will induce a voltage on secondary coil. It can be a step-up voltage device or a step-down voltage device. The following shows the structure.
The voltage regulation of a transformer is defined as the variation of the secondary voltage between no load and full load, expressed as either a per-unit or a percentage of the no-load voltage, the primary voltage being assumed constant,
Construct of a Transformer:
1) Construct the above transformer with the apparatus provided.
2) Connect the below circuit.
3) After completed the circuit, then invite lecturer to check the circuit.
4) By varying the adjustable transformer, verify the functioning of the transformer.
But never turn the output voltage of the adjustable transformer more than 70V.
Open circuit Test:
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Engineering (view all)
- In this assignment I will be identifying and explaining the ...
- The Role of the Quantity Surveying Profession within the con...
- Members of the design team and their job roles in a construc...
- Thermofluid Mechanics and Mechanical Design lab report
- Fluid Circuits Demonstrator
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.