- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
NAME: NICOLAE MADALINA
CLASS: VI C
The Angel of Independence
The Angel of Independence, most commonly known as "El Ángel" and officially known as "Columna de la Independencia", is a victory column located on a roundabout over Paseo de la Reforma in downtown of Mexico City.
It was built to commemorate the centennial of the beginning of Mexico's War of Independence, celebrated in 1910. After several years it was transformed into a mausoleum for the most important heroes of that war. It is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Mexico City. It is quite similar to the Victory Column from Berlin.
The base of the column is quadrangular, each vertex having a bronze sculpture symbolizing Law, War, Justice and Peace. Originally there were nine steps leading to the base, but due to the sinking of the ground fourteen more steps were added. On the main face of the base, which faces downtown Mexico City, there is the following inscription: "The Nation to the Heroes of Independence". In front of this inscription is a bronze statue of a giant lion led by a child, representing strength and the innocence of youth during
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Commercial Law (view all)
- There are three legal functions of a bill of lading; 1. ...
- sale of goods act 1979
- The reform of the ultra vires rule.
- Piercing the Corporate Veil. The concept of the separate leg...
- Veil of Incorporation. Under the Companies Act 2006, the...
- Business Law Assignment. Find the case of Archbolds (Freigh...
- Section 205 of the companies Act 1963 provides a comprehensi...
- DEBATE ON THE SCOPE, FORM AND CONTENT OF DIRECTORS DUTIES IN...
- Company Law Assignment. I will identify the theory of a cor...
- The commercial advantages of agreed remedies are so extensiv...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.