- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
'On the Road' by Jack Kerouac.
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Summer Assignment
Ana Sekulic 12 EH
When first set this assignment I was mildly exited. Although I usually choose quiet good books to read, I thought it might give me a different literacy experience. Having had faith that all the books on the list are reasonably good I didn't spend much time choosing. I picked one my cousin had and launched into it with enthusiasm. It was called 'On the Road' and was written by Jack Kerouac.
Basically the book is about a young fairly innocent young aspiring writer who gets captured I the ideology of the American dream. Like many people after the great depression Sal Paradise gets caught in to urge to break out and experience adventure. He felt that his life was not sufficient to the visions and expectations he had. So he left his home where he lived with his auntie and with fifty bucks decided to go to the west coast, hitchhiking most of the way. His first stop was his mates house Remi Boncour, who similarly to him also waiting foe his big break.
During his hitchhike he meets 'a middle aged woman' and a 'tough truck
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Milton (view all)
- On The Morning of Christ's Nativity: An Application of The B...
- An Analysis of Satan’s Soliloquy in John Milton&...
- Discuss the presentation of Hell in Book One of ParadiseLost...
- Paradise Lost Books IX and X "Discuss the development o...
- A Study of Traherne's Metaphysical Poetry
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.