- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Communications in the Modern World - Literature Review.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Communications in the Modern World - Literature Review
News in the twenty-first century takes many forms and is presented through a diverse range of mediums. This is mainly due to the huge leaps made in technological advances, from the steam press of the early eighteen hundreds to the present day where we see mobile text message news alerts and twenty-four hour televised and online news services such as Sky News and Reuters.com. News may be more readily accessible than ever nowadays, but there are many other factors that affect news. News has its own culture, ideology, and ethical principals. It is a form of media that appeals to a mass varied audience and therefore must always be concerned with viewers, listeners or readers. The primary concern of news is the initial reporting of pure fact; this then lays the foundations for additional features to be added.
"Media Making" is a text that deals with a wide variety of problems and issues raised in the modern day media. It is different from other texts due to its examination of major media as a whole instead of as newspapers, film, television, radio and magazines.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Paper-based media studies (view all)
- To what extent does the print-media influence young people i...
- Investigate the Guardian and the Mirror in terms of their ne...
- The printing press had a great influence on the Protestant R...
- Media - 'Freedom of the press belongs to the man who owns on...
- Assess whether the Northcliffe Revolution is a useful way of...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.