- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Socioeconomic factors and Obesity
The first 200 words of this essay...
INQUIRY PROJECT 2010
NAME: RENUKA BOOCHOON
TA: JOSHUA RUSSELL
COURSE CODE: ENVS 1800
STUDENT NUMBER: 210317212
DUE DATE: DECEMBER 10, 2010
The purpose of this essay is to define a link between socioeconomic status and obesity levels in children. I argue money is the main determinant factor of health and is inextricably linked to levels of obesity. The main question I posed which inspired me to research this particular topic was, 'are wealthier people more likely to be obese than people which a much lower income?' This topic was particularly interesting to me because I assume that the more money one has the more of a chance he/she has of becoming obese; seeing as people with money would have the option of eating out (which families living in poverty would not have the luxury of doing). However, low-income areas do not have as much access to quality/healthy food as higher-income equivalents do (Taylor, 1). In addition, fast food (i.e. burger, fries and other high calorie foods) is generally much cheaper than foods that are higher in nourishment (i.e. salad, fruit). This is another possible factor that increases the obesity rates among those living
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Global Warming and the Two-Part Solution. In The Environmen...
- Lab 4 Calorimetry
- Describe the way that counselling as a profession has respon...
- Where you live can affect your health and well-being
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.