- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Detail and Explain the activities of the various sectors of the UK travel and Tourism industry?
The UK travel and tourism industry is one of the faster growing industries in the world. This shows due to the amount of employment this trade has created by the year 2007 300,000 jobs were created. Tourism can be defined as people taking a short-term break away from their home communities or even just a day trip to different attractions. A tourist attraction is part of an excursion where a tourist will travel to a destination for entertainment, education or for interest. The destination allows public access whether it be day visitors or local residents and they do not book before they go and visit. The attractions are not classed as tourist attraction if there is a film or theatre performance or if there is a sporting event such as a football match, although it is common for most football grounds to have a museum that is open to the public when there is no football game on then it is a tourist attraction. Travel agents & tour operators are mostly found in the traveller-generated region, attractions & hospitality are found in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- reflective account
- Do person-centred care services enable service users to lead...
- Reflection paper on "Through Deaf Eyes"
- The democratic deficit can be closed by simply extending the...
- Annotated bibliography
- Life Experiences at ELRI Program
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.