- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
understanding cell structure / tissue types and functions
The first 200 words of this essay...
Understanding the basic structure of a cell
All cells have organelles; these are the specialised structures within a cell that help it to perform the specific functions.
Structure / Function
The cell membrane keeps the cell together by containing the organelles within it. Cell membranes are selectively-permeable, allowing materials to move both into and outside of the cell.
also known as the MTOC is where the microtubules are produced
During cell division the centrioles replicate and the centrosome divides. The result is two centrosomes, each with its own pair of centrioles. The two centrosomes move to opposite ends of the nucleus, and from each centrosome, microtubules grow into a "spindle" which is responsible for separating replicated chromosomes into the two daughter cells.
A ring of nine groups of microtubules, each group has three microtubules (centriole), and is part of the cytoskeleton
Cytoplasm is a jelly-like substance that is sometimes described as "the cell-matrix". It holds the organelles in place within the cell. It is where the entire cell metabolism occurs. The cytosol is made up of mostly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- DIFERENT LEARNING STYLES
- The Ethics of Animal Testing
- reflective account
- Multi-National Corporations
- Describe and Evaluate Erikson's lifespan model of developmen...
- Life Experiences at ELRI Program
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.