- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sustainable Development is about considering different needs - the needs of people and the needs of the environment - both now and in the future. Educating people about sustainable development is crucial.
The Central Aims of Sustainable Development are:
* Development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
* Improving quality of life whilst living in carrying capacity of the supporting ecosystem.
* Education for sustainable development is about the learning needed to maintain and improve our quality of life and the quality of life for generations to come.
* Enables people to develop the knowledge, values and skills to participate in decisions about the way we do things individually and collectively, both locally and globally, that will improve the quality of life now without damaging the planet for the future.
There are two areas I will look at for examples of Sustainable Development, Operation CAMPFIRE in Zimbabwe and Water Aid in fifteen countries spread though out Africa and Asia.
Operation CAMPFIRE stands for Communal Areas Management Programme for Indigenous Resources. The programme teaches local people how
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human & Social Geography (view all)
- Explain the effects of discriminatory practice, within an ea...
- Consider the role of child care professionals in promoting t...
- The causes, conditions, and solutions of Underdevelopment: A...
- Is Cognitive Therapy an Efficacious Treatment for Depression...
- Personal development essay
- To what extent is the west to blame for the failure of the g...
- I have chosen to discuss Wokings Italian community, as it di...
- Investigate the Factors that Determine the Well-Being of Afr...
- Kenya's Water Shortage. The objective of this project is to...
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation on internationa...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.