- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Marketing Management - Swisher Mower and Machine Company.
- Essay length: 4271 words
- Submitted: 30/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Swisher Mower and Machine Company
Zeng Min, Bernice
Ellen Novidia Adisoebrata
Tan Xiao Ling, Linda
Liu Bei, Pat
Paul Lim Suparto
Quach Thi Thu Hien
Huang Yue Hong, Sarah
NUS Business School
National University of Singapore
Wayne Swisher, President and Chief Executive Office of Swisher Mower and Machine Company (SMC), was weighing the proposal of a private branding arrangement for SMC's line of riding mowers. He thought the inquiry presented an opportunity but details should be studied more closely.
Established in 1945 by Max Swisher, SMC grew steadily with unit volume for SMC riding mowers peaking at 10,000 units with sales of $2 million in 1966. In the 1990s, the unit volume remained constant with around 4,250 riding mowers per year. Compared with 1,263,000 unit sales in riding mowers and tractors industry, SMC only occupied around 0.3% market share. Max Swisher, the current CEO, thought maintaining a small company image had also been an important aspect of his business philosophy, which led to the good personal relationships
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Structures, Objectives & External Influences (view all)
- Describe how political, legal and social factors are impacti...
- Political, legal and social factors impact on businesses The...
- I will be discussing the political, social, and legal factor...
- Btec National Business Level 3 Year 1 - Exploring Business A...
- Tesco - Aims and Objectives
- Comparison of stakeholders interest and influence. Apple vs....
- Analysis of Business Ownership - Partnerships and Soletrader...
- Organisational structures - ASDA+West Cheshire College
- Discuss the impact of MNCs (Multi-National Companies) reloca...
- Identify how government policies impact on a selected busine...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.