- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Current System - A local shop
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction - The Current System
A local shop, which sells primarily diesel and petrol, newspapers, magazines and confectionery to customers, has also been renting out videos as a video club might do. They do not, however, have members but videos are given to a customer that they may know or recognise.
Videos come from one main supplier who sends the manager a list of available videos. When a video is added to stock, it is stamped with the shops name and address and a video number is added. A record of this new video is kept on a card along with the video's details, suppliers' details and when the video was purchased. This is then filed in a small filing cabinet according to video number, found on the card.
A large logbook contains the name address and telephone number of a customer who has taken a video out along with the name and number of the video. Today's date is recorded at the top of each page to make it easier to retrace records. Past logbooks are all stored in a filing cabinet.
The customer receives a date when the video must be returned,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT in Business (view all)
- business online
- Business Stakeholders Marks and Spencers
- of the trading and profit and loss account and the balance s...
- Analyse different types of business information and their so...
- Unit 4 Business Studies
- How Tesco complies with current ICT legislation
- To what extent does the use of business software guarantee s...
- In this task I will be going over the legal, ethical and ope...
- E-commerce case study - Online Music Bussiness.
- The above chart compares the usability features of three con...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student