- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Using batch processing input data is grouped together into batches. No data is processed until a complete batch has been put together. Then all the data in a batch is processed in one go. There may be a long time delay between data being input into the system and the data being processed.
In this type of system the important data that the computer stores all the time is kept in a file called the master file. The data in the master file is sorted into order using one of the fields in the records in the file, known as the primary key field. The primary key field must uniquely identify each record in the file.
Each piece of input data (which will update the contents of the master file) is known as a transaction. All the input data is put together into a batch in a file called the transaction file. There are three different types of transaction that any processing system will have to cope with. They are:
* Add a new record to the master file.
* Delete a record from the master file.
* Amend / update
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- Plan an installation and an upgrade - Requirements in prepar...
- Why its important to have protocols and standards on a netwo...
- Compilers and Interpreters
- Explain sequence, selection and iteration as used in compute...
- Control Unit, Memory Unit, and Arithmetic Logic Unit. The C...
- Describe the application and limits of procedural, object or...
- Case Study. LEGAL ISSUES-: Data Protection Act. Whiteman Lei...
- Growth and Influence of Computers and Computing
- Common methods of attack and types of malware
- Designing a data system for a vintage clothes business.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.