- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
English: Shakespeare Coursework Assignment
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Shakespeare Coursework Assignment
Q. How does Shakespeare make Romeo and Juliet dramatically interesting for the audience? Refer to the first act in detail.
A. William Shakespeare used many devices and techniques in order to make the play dramatically effective for the audience and to develop the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet.
One device which Shakespeare uses which is successful in gaining the interest of the audience is the use of a sonnet. The sonnet is at the start of the play and consists of 14 lines with alternate line rhyming. Shakespeare's decision to include a sonnet at the start of the play is unusual because it takes away the element of surprise by telling the audience the main plot of the story and how the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet would develop before the play is performed. Shakespeare deliberately includes a sonnet at the beginning of the play to engage the interest of the audience and for the uneducated people to have an understanding of what would happen in the course of the play.
Another technique which Shakespeare uses for making the play dramatically interesting for the audience is the use of conflict. Shakespeare uses
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo & Juliet (view all)
- Fictional Obituary: Romeo and Juliet
- How did Shakespeare create tension in act 1 scene 5 of Romeo...
- Romeo and Juliet is a play about conflict. By exploring Act ...
- How does Shakespeare present the characters of Romeo and Jul...
- In Romeo and Juliet, how does Shakespeare use imagery and sy...
- Shakespeares play Romeo and Juliet shows a clear turning poi...
- One of the most important issues in The tragedy of Romeo and...
- 'Romeo and Juliet is a play that celebrates young love' Agre...
- What evidence in the play can be interpreted as Mercutios af...
- Major Themes in Romeo and Juliet
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.