- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Cadbury Schweppes - Corporate Choice and Management "The role of the parent is to add value to the business units"
- Essay length: 560 words
- Submitted: 14/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cadbury Schweppes: Corporate Choice and Management
"The role of the parent is to add value to the business units" (Johnson and Scholes, 1999:296)
The Board of Directors of Cadbury Schweppes is responsible for ensuring that the Group competes successfully in an ever-changing environment, achieves its objectives and meets the needs of its stakeholders. During the last few years the Board has had to make many strategic decisions in order to best meet the needs of their customers and stakeholders. These decisions have included the sale of beverage brands in 160 markets to The Coca Cola Company so that the Group could concentrate on core products and provide better shareholder value. In order to meet shareholder expectations it was also decided to restructure the business management hierarchy and to make a number of acquisitions.
The Board of Directors of Cadbury Schweppes is responsible for balancing the Groups diverse product range, as it owns many brands that are at different stages of the product life cycle. It had to ensure that the product portfolio is well balanced, complements each other, and matches the skills and competences of the Group to maintain competitive advantage. It focuses
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Management (view all)
- 'What problems do urban planners face? How are they to be so...
- The Golden Eagle
- The effects of air pollution on children
- The Effect of Production and Supply of Electricity on enviro...
- Biology Group 4 Project
- (1a) Explain the classification of the selected energy resou...
- To what extent has the Three Gorges Dam project, in China, b...
- HOW PHYSICAL AND HUMAN FACTORS MAY HAVE MADE FLORIDA A CROWD...
- Economy Vs Environment. Development assumes economic growth...
- The development of alternative energy sources is a possible ...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.