- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Limestone Enquiry by the Local Conservation Group.
The first 200 words of this essay...
LOCAL CONSERVATION GROUP
We, as the Local Conservation Group, would like to vent our anger and sheer disgust that such an idea of the quarry extension has even been proposed. We would like to take a few minutes of your time to explain the terrifying consequences that an extension could inflict on the surrounding area, which has already suffered much grief because of the quarry.
Firstly, we do not feel that it is fair towards the people of Britain as a whole should be deprived of the beautifully picturesque land of the area. After all, this region was made into a National Park because it had, and still has, some of the most stunning scenery in the country. No matter what Limeco Ltd say, quarrying undeniably permanently changes the landscape. We think that the land here ought to be kept natural and beautiful for everyone to enjoy, especially as the company has a large-enough quarry here at present.
Secondly, quarries cause vast amounts of unwanted pollution and harm the local environment. Dust causes air pollution; noise and vibrations affect wildlife and buildings; the train service causes noise and air
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Management (view all)
- How do humans affect the environment?
- Can sustainable development be achieved in cold environments...
- Man's influence on the environment.
- Sustainable tourism, myth or reality?
- With reference to either Waste management in urban areas or ...
- (1a) Explain the classification of the selected energy resou...
- To what extent has the Three Gorges Dam project, in China, b...
- HOW PHYSICAL AND HUMAN FACTORS MAY HAVE MADE FLORIDA A CROWD...
- Economy Vs Environment. Development assumes economic growth...
- The development of alternative energy sources is a possible ...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.