- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
There are many factors which can affect childrens health and well-being throughout their lives.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
There are many factors which can affect children's health and well-being throughout their lives. The parents must be a good role model for the child, as they will look at them and may copy their actions. During the age of 0 - 3 years, if the parents use drugs or excessive alcohol, the child may become physically and emotionally neglected. This can result into low self-esteem, which can cause the child to become shy and not take part in activities. If alcohol is consumed throughout pregnancy, there may be complications at birth. "Heavy drinking can also damage your baby's nervous system. This can result in your baby having learning difficulties and problems with movement and coordination throughout his life''. As children get older, drug and alcohol abuse in the child may occur. This is due to peer pressure and children want to fit in with their friends and not feel left out. They will want to experience new things, as they are growing older. However, if they do excessive alcohol and drugs there can be consequences such as; diabetes, heart disease, cancer, alcohol poisoning and reduced fertility.
Diet is very important throughout pregnancy. The mother should eat
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Can CBT make a meaningful contribution in the treatment of s...
- P3 explain factors that may influence communication and inte...
- Describe Health and Social Care Service Provision for looked...
- Abnormal Psychology - Bipolar Disorder
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.