- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
1:45 British Time, 11th September 2001 Was When the Unthinkable Happened.
The first 200 words of this essay...
1:45 British time, 11th September 2001 was when the unthinkable happened. One of the tallest buildings in the world was hit by a passenger jet. The people on the streets of New York could only watch in shock, horror and disbelief as the low-flying aircraft headed straight for the northern tower of the world trade centre.
The jet headed for roughly the 65th to 70th floor of the tower. In a split second, the jet disappeared into the side of the tower, exploding as it did so.
Only ten minutes later, when television crews had been alerted to the scene by the first incident, another low-flying aircraft was spotted. Live on US television, the jet banked left and disappeared into the southern tower, exploding as the first one had.
As I stated in the first sentence, this all happened at about a quarter to two in the afternoon. On arriving home from school, I still wasn't aware of what had happened a couple of hours ago. I went down to the newsagents down the road to buy a magazine. I noticed that the shop assistants were paying very close attention to the radio, yet it still didn't come
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Television (view all)
- The purpose of the documentary film Step into Liquid
- Examine the representations of ethnics in a range of soap op...
- Essay responding to "Television Addiction" by Mari...
- Genres of Television Broadcasting
- Describe the impact of television in the 1950s and early 196...
- Discuss "Quality Television" - Lost and Sex and Th...
- Explore the male representations explored over several media...
- The Effect of Censorship on the Media in Pakistan.
- In this essay I will discuss three events: 9/11, the riots i...
- Critical analysis of "Shameless".
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.