- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare the Representation of a Celebrity In Two of the Tabloid Newspapers You Have Studied and Discuss Whether They Serve the Press and/or the Celebrities Themselves.
The first 200 words of this essay...
COMPARE THE REPRESENTATION OF A CELEBRITY IN TWO OF THE TABLOID NEWSPAPERS YOU HAVE STUDIED AND DISCUSS WHETHER THEY SERVE THE PRESS AND/OR THE CELEBRITIES THEMSELVES
The celebrity that I have studied is Cherie Blair in 'The Sun' and 'The Daily Express'. Cherie Blair is a political celebrity as she is the wife of the British Prime Minister, Tony Blair; she is also a successful barrister and daughter of a television personality.
'The Sun' is a 'red top' tabloid. It is traditionally very pro-government and is a middle/lower class newspaper. Its main target audience is the working classes and young people and it can hugely influence public opinion. 'The Daily Express' is a middle-market newspaper that is primarily aimed at middle-aged housewives. It takes a fairly neutral political stance, instead taking on the role of a 'people's' paper, as connoted by the crusader icon featured within the newspaper title.
Firstly I shall analyse the location of the stories concerning Cherie Blair. In 'The Sun' there is a banner advertising the story on the front page, which is very eye-catching and therefore lures the reader to pick it up off a newsstand. The main
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Newspapers & Magazines (view all)
- Compare and Contrast the Two Different Newspapers; The Sun a...
- Narcissism Essay. The societal norms of the ideal life and ...
- Comparison of a tabloid and broadsheet article - Broadsheet ...
- In the light of the Leveson Inquiry is regulation of the (Br...
- Year 10 English Coursework - Media
- Media Report Comparing Film and Top Gear Magazine.
- Journalism Language - Analysis of a newspaper article about...
- A brief introduction of English journalism
- Encoding & Decoding Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Womens representation in magazines - looking at Glamour and ...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.