- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing articles from two newspapers on the same subject.
The first 200 words of this essay...
23rd Oct 2001 Media Assignment By Patrick Brosnan
I have chosen two articles about the same story from two contrasting newspapers, one a tabloid and one a broadsheet. The tabloid I have chosen is The Mirror and the broadsheet is The Times. Both articles are taken from the papers of Tuesday 22nd October 2001. They cover the story about the outbreak of Anthrax in Washington DC where two postal workers died.
I think the Mirror is aimed at people who do not want to read the news in great detail and just want to know the essential facts. I think this because of the language used, sensational headlines and startling pictures. The Times on the other hand tends to present the facts in a more informative way being geared towards people who are willing to spend a lot more time reading the articles.
The headlines of the articles are very different, in both layout and in language. The headline in The Mirror is written in a very large font, it is bold, is written in capitals and is very eye catching. It takes up approximately 50% of the space given for the article.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Newspapers & Magazines (view all)
- Compare and Contrast These Two Newspaper Articles on the Top...
- Compare and Contrast the Two Different Newspapers; The Sun a...
- In this essay I am going to compare two media texts. I chose...
- Explore some of the ways in which new technologies have had ...
- Comparing an article from “The Mail on Sunday&#...
- Media Report Comparing Film and Top Gear Magazine.
- Journalism Language - Analysis of a newspaper article about...
- A brief introduction of English journalism
- Encoding & Decoding Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Womens representation in magazines - looking at Glamour and ...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.